Saturday 17 April 2021

Did I really want it...

You know that scene in Friends, where Rachel thinks she's pregnant, takes a test and gives it to Phoebe and Monica. She's been trying to decide how she feels about being pregnant, does she want a child etc etc. When the time has passed and the result is visible Phoebe tells Rachel that it's negative - and in that moment Rachel realises that yes, she does want a baby. It being taken away crystallises her feelings. Phoebe then admits its actually positive and she'd played the trick on Rachel so help her sort out her feelings.

I've just been told that something I had been dithering about, did I want it, what were my motives, would it change my life, if so how, was I being selfish etc etc etc, is legally not an option - and in that moment, reading that email, I knew that yes, I really did want it. 

So now I have to decide where to go from here...

(and yes this is deliberate vague and no I won't expand on it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment