Sunday 14 July 2013

Home sweet (tiny) home...

I threatened to show you my flat so after a quick tidy up here it is...
This is my hall...


On the immediate right (you can't see it in this pic) is the kitchen. The door on the right is a cupboard, next to that is the bathroom door, and at the end is the bedroom (living room, office!)

So the kitchen...

The health grill is normally in the cupboard and the two ring cooker (seen next to the sink) is normally in that space but I used the grill today and will be using it tomorrow so didn't bother to put it away!! The white thing leaning up against the wall is the old piece of worktop that went in the gap between the unit and the wall...

...where the fridge is now. The landlord needs to come up with a support so that he can then put a smaller piece in to fill the gap.


The bathroom...


It's quite long and narrow with a shower over the bath. This sink is pretty much behind the door and is quite dark as the wall with the shower on it cuts out most of the natural light!!


There is NO storage in the bathroom other than the windowsill, the little shelf under the mirror and the small shelf at the side of the sink (that however isn't really attached very well so you can't put anything heavy on it!!)

The bedroom...


Yes I am nearly 36 and yes I still have soft toys on my bed!! As you can imagine the bed takes up most of the room!!

Chest of drawers and chair. The chair doesn't get sat on but is very useful for having my work bag on it. The silver thing has my earrings hung round it's rim and there is a candle in the other side.


The wardrobes are built in and have my necklaces hanging on the door handles!! The book case is half empty and I intend for it to get emptier!!  The books to the left of the big white square will be read and then head off to the charity shop!!


The lounge...



I only bought the hat yesterday and haven't come up with a better place to put it yet!! This is a nice place to sit with my feet up (on the office chair) next to the window/radiator (depending on the temperature!) reading a book.

The office / dining room...




Self explanatory really!!! I sit here to eat as I don't have a tray and balancing a plate on my lap on the armchair would be a recipe for disaster!! This chair gets shifted nearer the arm chair to use as a foot rest.

And that's it - it's small but for now it's home!!


No comments:

Post a Comment